Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bike Updates

Here is the '03 Connie in a photo I took when I sold the bike. It was a mess
when I got it and doing the work on it was good for the soul.
The '06 ST1300A on short trip to Walmart after meeting my friend Tom for
breakfast and a quick trip up Bear Creek Canyon. 60 degrees today.

The bike above is 2006 ST1300A, with the A standing for ABS. That movable windscreen makes all the difference for wind management. The bike has lots of smooth power, the only knocks against it are that it is heavy, and some would say that it is more like an appliance than a Motorcycle with soul. It works really well.

All I have done so far to the ST is oil change, coolant change, and rewired some of the electronics done by the previous owner. Still have some work to do, but that will come in time.

A 2001 XR400R. A dirt bike classic.
The XR400 is the most humble bike I've owned to date. It is also the most fun. Colorado has so much terrain that wants to be explored on a light (260 lbs?) bike that won't suffer too badly if is dropped. I paid $1,000 for it originally, then came to learn that it wanted some $700 worth of work to make it run. Now I own it about right, but the condition is pretty rough. Nice $20 headlights, aye?

No comments:

Post a Comment